Monday, September 30, 2013

         So after about eleven days I am finally making a Blog post. And let me say this is not out of diswant, but simply put: I've been swamped. The world here is full of wonders. Its difficult to put into words, my reactions. I suppose I feel pretty fresh. =) In wonder of this wild place I'm a young fruit again, taking in sunlight to grow sweetness once more as I did when I was a child. It was a trip getting here. Since my flight was delayed I had to trek on my own from the airport to the Kenshukan (the international student dorm, where am living). To be quite honest though I was pretty excited about this obligation. I failed at Japanese at the airport pretty hard, but most understood my meaning and helped me along my way. It was night time here when I arrived, so my bus trip to Shinjuku station was surrounded by night, however I couldn't sleep despite how tired I was. I wanted to know things. Most likely being unpolitely observant of by fellow busmates, I took to the window and saturated my eyes with what I could from the starkly contrasted vehicle lights. Shinjuku was also quite a good time. Arriving with my two packs on each of my body's faces, I stared in wonder at the heart of Tokyo. Beside myself I couldn't really believe where I was. In Japan. And actually alive and awake. Ha. I'm sure I was audibly talking to myself quite a bit, and being quite rude, standing still in the middle of the busiest train station in the world, especially considering how Americanly obese I was with my two packs. I had directions so I wasn't really worried, however I still had no idea where I was going, as these directions spanned barely a half page of script. I found myself a ticket, and found myself a train to inhabit for my long or short, or completely incorrect track of transit. I needed the stop right after 登戸駅(noborito), which as I'm told is pretty anti-Hispanic cuisine. Mukogaoka-yuen was the name of my prospective station, which is unbelievably difficult to hold in your brain after who knows how many hours of excited, sleepless travel--and lord only knew what time it was in real life. But I found it. Picked an orientation that seems to make sense, and set off. From a small screen shot map I found the place and the RA's (Erina, Tomoko, Hiro, and Masa) were all very glad to see me. Masa had even gone to the airport. --The kindness is unreal. Oriented briefly of the building, surprised with my understanding abilities considering the circumstances. I was shown my room. And I slept. Finally and unbelievably in Japan. It was a queer feeling as I settled in--looking out the window watching the lights of the trains go by, like fireflies, but quieter: beautifully silent.
              I felt strangely nostalgic.
                                                I couldn't believe it was no longer yesterday


And yet,                                         
                                                          I also couldn't believe it was not yet tomorrow. 


As the lights of the voyaging train and its travelers faded around a bend, I was amazed that the only thing I could believe was that I was right here ...right now.


I slept. As did my dream, for my waking life had just become one.


1 comment: